Client Scottish Futures Trust/various public sector bodies
The hugely successful Hub initiative in Scotland has been a fantastic example of private and public working together to revitalise local infrastructure.
The Hubs provide strategic asset planning, project finance, design, project management, cost management, construction and facilities management. Through its strategic planning the Hub’s service allows close collaboration with design teams and contractors to de-risk projects, offering client certainty in relation to cost, buildability and programme.
Galliford Try Investments was closely involved with the creation of Hub South East, as part of the SPACE consortium. The consortium owns 60% of the Hub, with the remaining 40% shared among the public sector, including 10% with the Scottish Futures Trust.
As well as being an investor, the SPACE consortium is the appointed development partner for Hub, with our Morrison Construction business a Tier 1 contractor for the project.
Over 50 projects have been built through the Hub vehicle in the South East with all but one to be delivered on time.
In addition, through its acquisition of Miller Construction in 2014, Galliford Try’s Investments business also holds an investment in the Hub North vehicle, based around the Highlands and Islands. Through Hub North, major projects such as Anderson High School in Shetland have been delivered.