We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilders and regeneration specialists. Linden Homes develops private and affordable homes for sale, and Galliford Try Partnerships is our specialist affordable housing business.
We are a major UK contractor, operating mainly under the Galliford Try and Morrison Construction brands. We work for clients across the public, regulated and private sectors, and develop long-term relationships based on our ability to provide whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery and innovation. Our diverse business has expertise in key sectors ranging from water and transport to education and hotels.
Construction is organised into building and infrastructure businesses and also includes our investments business, as well as our multi-disciplined group of chartered surveyors and our national piling specialists.
For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us. Today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers and employees. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression. For the latest opportunities, visit our vacancies website.
What makes us different
We are distinguished by:
- Our three strong businesses: Linden Homes, Galliford Try Partnerships and Construction & Investments. Working together, we make an important contribution to meeting the demand for new homes in the private and affordable homes sectors, regenerating neighbourhoods and improving the UK’s built environment, delivering positive, lasting change for the communities we work in on behalf of our clients.
- Our Innovation – we have played a major role in delivering some of the UK's most high profile and innovative schemes such as the retractable roof at Wimbledon's Centre Court; the restoration of St Pancras Chambers; Graylingwell Park, the UK's first major carbon neutral development; Sinclair Meadows, the UK’s first carbon negative social housing project; Olympic venues; the single largest onshore wind farm in Europe and we are currently constructing the Queensferry Crossing.
- Our Passion – passion is one of our Group’s values because we are committed and enthusiastic in all we do. This is reflected in the quality of our work and by some of the outstanding awards (link to 3.3 Our Awards) we have won.
- Sustainability - we aim to ensure the future sustainability of our business by making a positive impact in the areas in which we operate. This means managing our responsibilities in terms of health and safety, our people, environment and climate change, communities, procurement and supply chain, and customers.
- Customer Satisfaction - we pride ourselves on providing a quality service to all of our customers. In Housebuilding this means ensuring a smooth customer journey for those buying their dream property and in Construction, it means building long-term relationships with our clients, making us their partner of choice.
Galliford Try has three strong businesses. Linden Homes develops private and affordable homes for sale throughout England. Galliford Try Partnerships is our regeneration business, working to increase the supply of housing across all tenures. Our Construction business is a major UK contractor, working across the public, regulated and private sectors.
Linden Homes delivers around 3,000 houses and apartments each year, most of which are for private sale. We have a strong presence in the South and East of England, and a growing presence in the North and Midlands.
We develop homes on prime sites in good locations, close to transport links and local amenities. Our homes are built to meet the varying needs of our customers and designed to complement their surroundings. Through rigorous attention to detail, we create high-quality homes that earn industry awards. We create sustainable developments, which include building affordable homes for sale to registered provider clients.
Galliford Try Partnerships is our specialist regeneration business. It has a strong presence in the South East, Midlands and North East England, and a growing business across the rest of the country.
We are a leading partner for the Homes and Communities Agency and provide contracting services to housing associations, local authorities and other registered providers, building vibrant, affordable homes and sustainable communities on their behalf.
Partnerships also develops mixed-tenure projects, providing private housing for sale on regeneration-led sites. We use the Linden Homes brand and draw on Linden Homes’ expertise in housing development and sales to successfully deliver these projects.
Construction operates nationwide, primarily under the Galliford Try and Morrison Construction brands. Our network of regional offices is a key advantage, enabling us to deliver schemes of national distinction using a local approach.
The business is organised into the Building and Infrastructure divisions. It also includes facilities management, our multi-disciplined group of chartered surveyors and our national piling specialists.
Building serves a range of clients across the UK, with a substantial presence in Scotland. We work alongside organisations in the public, regulated and private sectors, and have a particularly strong presence in the health, education, defence and commercial markets.
Infrastructure carries out civil engineering projects, primarily in the highways, rail, aviation, environmental, water and waste, and power and security markets.
PPP Investments specialises in delivering major building and infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships. The business leads bid consortia and arranges finance, making equity investments and managing construction through to operations.