Born to Build
Struggling to think of a career? Well, you may not know it yet but perhaps you were “Born to Build”. That’s the name of an initiative which gives young people aged 14-19 a chance to find out more about construction careers directly from those working in the industry. The scheme was created by the UK Contractors Group and is backed by Galliford Try. Check out www.borntobuild.org.uk or follow @borntobuild.
Did you know …?
- Construction is a huge industry, employing 10 per cent of the UK workforce and needing to recruit a further 185,000 people over the next five years.
- Construction is a dynamic, exciting industry at the forefront of technological innovation and sustainability.
- There are bags of opportunities for both young men and women, of all backgrounds and with both academic qualifications and practical skills. Construction is about much more than just hard hat jobs!
- Careers in construction are rewarding and varied and pay well.
- Construction workers create and improve the spaces we live in and transform communities and our everyday lives for the better. Few jobs have such a tangible output.
Construction is the industry of the future – and it’s yours to shape!